This low calorie tomato soup is super high antioxidants,fibre & phytonutrients . This is my sisters ‘go to’ soup to stay in shape during winter.
She gave me this recipe and after devouring about half the pot, I have to stay this is my #1 recipe for this winter! The fact that she is looking so incredible at the moment, just adds to the confirmation that eating recipes like this one works!
There are only roughly 65 cal per serving (about 300mls). PLUS there are LOADS of anti-oxidants floating around in that little bowl of heaven! It is definitely the way to go if you want to keep your body super healthy and slim through winter!
One of the common anti-oxidants found in tomatoes is #Lycopene. It is also found in carrots, bell peppers and watermelon (among other foods). This little “ass kicker” can help fight heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure AND slow down the aging process.
Let’s face it, we all know intensive dieting & over training can double the aging process (been there done that). Many women destroy their bodies in the hopes to “get skinny” yet they fail to see how it is negetively impacting their health & age!
That is why it is my mission to provide AMAZING nutritional programs to my clients. They are so effective and “mindfully” designed so that you can heal, shape up & transform your body without speeding up the aging process.
There is NOTHING attractive about having a gorgeous body but the face shows the strain & pressure placed on the body to achieve it. I believe in aging gracefully and following a powerful anti inflammatory balanced diet will benefit that process immensely!
This recipe here is the kind of food I like because it taste AMAZING, super easy to make and the added benefits are fantastic. The recipes are designed with these 3 key factors in mind;
- It must look, smell & taste AMAZING.
- It must simple & straight forward to prepare.
- AND, It must bring maximum benefits to my body.
This low calorie roasted tomato soup that is high in antioxidants ticks all 3 of these pointers. So here it is, the entire recipe for you to enjoy!
Ingredients for the Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 2 kilos Jam fresh tomatoes
- 4 large Red bell peppers
- 2 large carrots
- 2 medium red onions
- 6 large gloves garlic
- olive oil
- Slice the tomatoes in half and place them on a baking tray. Remove the cores of the red peppers, cut into chunks and scatter over the tomatoes. Roughly chop up the carrots and onion and add to the baking tray (no need to cut small as it will all be blended later). Lastly, add the garlic cloves whole with the skin ON! Lightly drizzle with olive oil & season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 180 for an hour. Then turn down to 150 degrees and bake for another 30min. You will see the veggies goes super soft and start to caramelise.
- When done, remove the skin of the tomatoes (should peel off easily) as well as the skin of the garlic.
- Place in a blender (divide the total quantity into 3 portions otherwise it will end up on your ceiling and your kitchen will look like a CSI crime scene) along with 30ml olive oil and ½ cup water. Blend until smooth and creamy. The little bit of fat helps with the absorption of #Lycopene. Repeat the same for the rest of the veggies.
- Either gently heat in a pan to enjoy OR freeze in serving size containers for easy use. Serve with a slice of fresh pumpernickel bread and you are sorted!
This Roasted Red Pepper & tomato soup recipe is a winner for the winter months and the fact that it tastes so good and is so easy to make just makes it so much more delicious!
Want to boost your body with the anti-inflammatory power to help you achieve you body & health goals (weight loss, age reversal, cleansing, detoxing, healing, strengthening, firming, shaping, ENERGIZING….and the list goes on)???
If you are ready to change your body and life with a vegan Nutrition plan, drop me an email. I can share more details with you about my personalized programs, consultations and coaching……… firstname.lastname@example.org