OK, so I am experimenting with some different food ideas so that I can expand my options on my journey to healing my body.
As much as I LOVE an original baked carrot cake (seriously, carrot cake is my favourite!!!!) I thought I would try out a different version. I was researching some options and the raw ideas I saw looked SUPER YUMMY, I decided to go for it.
This is my own invention of a raw vegan carrot cake. I didn’t have all the ingredients of some of the recipes so I have used this opportunity to get creative in the kitchen.
I have included some superfoods that have incredible cleansing & healing benefits to the body, particularly assisting the liver, central nerve system & thyroid.
I think many believe that in order to heal & cleanse the body, you need to go SUPER strict & restrictive but the key is to KNOW what foods heal & what foods harm and to get creative with all the foods that heal…..Like this raw vegan carrot cake with creamy frosting!!!
So check this out
- Wheat free
- Gluten free
- Egg free
- Dairy free
- Grain free
- High in anti oxidants
- SUPER powerful anti inflammatory
- High in protein
- High in fibre
- High in B12 & vit A
- Good balance of healthy carbs & fats, just like nature intended
- AAAAAAALL this PLUS it tastes delicious ……what more could one want?
So yes, you can eat really yummy & gorgeous foods WHILE your body heals & detoxifies itself.
INGREDIENTS : Raw vegan carrot cake Base
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup linseed
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp Hemp Hearts (AMAZING source of protein & anti inflammatory)
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp Sea Buckthorn powder (optional but gives an AMAZING fruitiness & is incredibly good for you…..click here
- ½ tsp pink salt
INGREDIENTS: Raw vegan carrot cake Frosting
- ½ cup sesame seeds (or cashew nuts)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut blossom sugar (or nectar or agave or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp Natural vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked (& drained) white beans ( butter beans, black eyed beans or cannellini beans will work…..cook yourself (optional) or use from a tin.
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- Soak the dates in the water for 15min (Soak the sesame seeds in equal water in a separate bowl)
- Place the sunflower, linseed, shredded coconut & hemp hearts in a high speed blender and whiz up until a flour like consistency is formed.
- In a food processor, blend the carrots make them a little finer (if you don’t have a food processor, use the finest grater you can find.
- In a large mixing bold, add the seed mix, carrot, cinnamon, turmeric, sea buck-thorn & salt. Mix well.
- Place the dates and water into the food processor and blend until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add this to the carrot, seed & spice mix & fold in until a sticky dough like texture is created. If it’s too dry, add small amounts of water.
- Press the mix into a round non stick cake “clip” ring and place into the freezer
- Mix the coconut milk with the fresh lemon juice and allow to sit for about 5min. It will curdle and look like yogurt.
- In a high speed blender, blend the sesame seeds with the water until smooth.
- Add the coconut sugar, cooked beans, vanilla & coconut milk to the sesame seed & blend until smooth.
- Add small amounts of extra coconut milk if it needs……it should be a smooth consistency with a firmness of whipped cream.
- Spread it over the base & finish off with a sprinkle of lemon zest , shredded coconut & coconut sugar on top.
- Return to the freezer to set for an hour.
- Cut into slices & enjoy this raw vegan carrot cake!