A quick, easy Vegan dinner that also checks the following boxes…
- 10 ingredients, ALL easy to find and NOT expensive.
- Gluten-free (optional)
- Versatile for family needs (I’ll show you below!)
- Low GI
- High fiber
- High nutrition (over 5 of your daily veggie requirements)
- Good source of plant protein
- Keto-friendly (optional)
Here are the ingredients for a quick, easy vegan dinner
- 2 large onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 4 cups spinach shredded
- 1 cup baby tomatoes halved
- 2 sweetcorn (leave out if you are keto conscious)
- 2 fat cloves garlic
- 400g gluten-free pasta (regular pasta can be used if you don’t have a problem with gluten or a low carb pasta can be used if you are concerned with your carb intake).
- 400g firm GMO-FREE tofu, slices into 1cm thick slices and trained on a paper towel. A vegan “meat alternative” can be used instead here if you want or even chickpeas!
- soy sauce (again, read ingredients and replace it with something that suits your needs).
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Method to prepare a quick, easy vegan dinner
- steam the sweet corn in a pot with a little water until soft & tender.
- Cook the pasta of choice according to the instructions on the packet. I use either rice or corn-based gluten-free pasta otherwise regular pasta can be used or a carb-free alternative. I judge about 100g dry pasta per person (this recipe is great as leftovers!)
- Once the tofu is drained from excess water, allow it to marinade in a little soy sauce (or your choice of marinade) for about 10min
- While all of the above is going on, prepare the veggies.
- Heat a large non-stick pan with 2 tbsp olive oil. Once hot add the onion and stir-fry until caramelized
- Then add the mushrooms and continue to cook until soft
- Place the onion & mushroom into a large bowl to the side. Return the pan to the heat & add 2 tbsp olive oil (if this is too much oil for you, reduce it to suit your needs). Add the baby tomatoes & the 2 gloves crushed garlic
- Stir-fry for 2min or until you see the garlic go golden. Once done, add it to the onion and mushroom in the bowl.
- Check on your pasta & once done, drain and place back into its pot WITH the shredded spinach. Mix it around, the heat of the pasta will soften the spinach without overcooking it.
- Cut the kernels off the corn & toss them in a hot pot with 1 tbsp olive oil until they get a little colour. Once done add it to the bowl with other veggies.
- If you are using tofu, again, hot pan with 2 tbsp olive oil and fry the marinated tofu on each side until golden brown. You are done cooking! Instead of tofu, you can use chickpeas or a vegan “meat replacement”. OR (vegans, please be patient with me, I am trying to help everyone here)…..if your family are not vegan, but you are, this is where you can prepare separately their choice of non-vegan protein & then add it separately to each of their bowls). ….hope that helps.
- Add the veggies to the pasta & spinach & gently mix.
- Cut the tofu slices into squares and add to the mix
- Place in a warm serving bowl & enjoy!
If you have leftovers, store in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy the next day heated up. As easy as that!
Now you know how to make a quick, easy vegan dinner! Packed with nutrition & love for your body!
Have you seen my 60 DAY BODY BREAKTHROUGH program? Designed to help you transition into living a plant-based life that is NATURAL, healthy, fresh & affordable! AND it is purely ANTI-INFLAMMATORY meaning it is designed to help HEAL and TRANSFORM your body!