Breakfast can be a challenge for many ESPECIALLY when there are dietary limits like gluten, dairy, eggs…..well basically vegan, & some!
When you first stepping into the arena of going veggie, one can feel lost VERY quickly when the “staples” of the conventional diet is removed. Let’s be honest, eggs are SOOOOO versatile! Dairy, as well! It comes in so many different forms (think milk, butter, yogurt, cream, whey etc)……but unfortunately not very healthy & not very kind.
So when you do decide to take the vegan path & all that gets removed it can feel like you have been left on a deserted island with only a coconut as an option (which is actually an AMAZING option btw, I’ll show you in a minute ;).
And that is why I have create 5 simple, easy, tasty & varied gluten free vegan breakfast ideas ALL using similar ingredients (because who wants to buy a 100 different ingredients from a 10 different stores….got to keep it simple, right?).
Now the reason why I have included gluten free into these vegan breakfast ideas is because so often the vegan options available are loaded with wheat & gluten which many individuals struggle with (whether they are vegan or not).
This will just give you a good reference to go back to each time you are needing vegan breakfast ideas which are gluten & wheat free as well.
Shopping list for the 5 gluten free vegan breakfast ideas:
- Chia seeds (Synerchi Organics supply amazing GMO free, organic Chia seeds….CLICK HERE to view)
- Vegan milk (coconut is my favourite, but here are other alternatives….almond, soy, oat (not gluten free), rice, quinoa….choose one that suits you & your budget & use it throughout)
- Coconut sugar (or any of the following….coconut syrup, agave nectar, maple syrup, treacle sugar (stronger flavoure).
- Desiccated coconut (or coconut flour or almond flour….flour gives it a smoother & creamier texture)
- Cinnamon, turmeric & nutmeg (common spices which are handy to have on your spice shelf)
- Frozen or fresh blue berries (otherwise any berry will do for example strawberry, raspberry or blackberries….or even a mix)
- Mangoes (or pineapple….& if you can’t find either use which ever fruit is in season e.g. pears, apples, peaches, grapes….just have a look around)
- Cashew nuts (or almonds or any other nut of choice…..even peanuts will work if you enjoy eating them…..other alternative is to use a granola. I have a super yummy recipe hear….it can be made in the pan in 10min)
- Added extra….you can a tablespoon of HEMP HEARTS for extra protein & nutrition boost ( also available from Synerchi Organics)
I enjoy eating these breakfast ideas out of glass jars, somehow it tastes better when you can see the layers
Gluten Free Vegan Breakfast ideas: #1 Smoothie on a chia
- Soak 3 tbsp chia seeds in 100ml coconut milk (or any other milk of choice) with 50ml water. I often do it the night before.
- Blend 1 banana, ¼ cup frozen berries & 100ml vegan milk until smooth.
- Once the chia seeds are set, pour into a serving jar, top with the banana & berry smoothie & finish off with some berries on top.
Gluten free Vegan breakfast ideas: Creamy purple bliss
- Soak ¼ cup chia seeds in ¾ cup water & 1 tsp coconut nectar/syrup (or your choice of sweetness). Either do it the night before or leave until they are swollen & absorbed all the water.
- Blend ½ cup blueberries (or any other berry) with ½ cup vegan milk until smooth.
- Mix the soaked chia with the blueberry milk, pour into a serving jar & top with a few toasted cashews (or any other nut of choice), a drizzle of nectar & a sprinkle of turmeric (AMAZING anti-inflammatory)
Gluten Free Vegan breakfast ideas: #3 Layered Berry compote
- Soak ¼ cup chia seeds in ½ cup water, ¼ cup vegan milk & 1 tsp coconut nectar/syrup (or your choice of sweetness). Either do it the night before or leave until they are swollen & absorbed all the water.
- Mix 2 tbsp coconut flour (or desiccated coconut or almond flour) with 60ml vegan milk
- Place half cup frozen berries with ¼ cup nectar (or any sugar or syrup of choice) in a small pot on a low heat and allow to simmer until blended together. This can be done the day before & can be made in bulk and stored in the bridge or even frozen. It really shouldn’t take more than 5min of simmering, your not making jam 😉 If it seems a little thick add some water, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Slice 1 banana
- Spoon in the different layers, (chia, coconut flour, berry compote & sliced banana) until it fills the jar & enjoy!!!
Gluten Free Vegan Breakfast Ideas: #4 Caribbean spice pudding
- Soak ¼ cup chia seeds in ½ cup water, ½ cup vegan milk, 3 tbsp coconut flour & 1 tbsp coconut nectar/syrup (or your choice of sweetness). Add ½ tsp cinnamon & nutmeg. Either do it the night before or leave until they are swollen & absorbed all the water.
- Dice up 1 fresh mango (about ¾ cup worth). Can’t find a mango, use fresh pineapple!
- Spoon the chia mix into a serving jar, top with the diced mango & if you feel brace add a sprinkle of fresh green chili for a little kick (will energize you the WHOLE day!!!)
Gluten Free Vegan Breakfast Ideas: #5 Chia NiceCream
- Soak 2 tbsp chia seeds in ¼ cup vegan milk. Either do it the night before or leave until they are swollen & absorbed all the water.
- Blend together 1 frozen banana, ½ cup frozen berries & 100ml vegan milk (add that slowly so that a creamy soft serve texture is formed). You can replace the frozen berries with ANY other frozen fruit…..adds amazing variety!
- Once the chia seeds & soaked, gently fold them into your “nice cream” & top off with 2 tbsp toasted cashews (or your nut of choice), & a drizzle of nectar.
- There you have it! 5 Gluten Free Vegan Breakfast Ideas using a limited number of ingredients AND happen to be paleo friendly as well!
Looking to heal & transform your body from symptoms that include
- Joint pain
- Unexplained weight gain (especially around the abdomen)
- Muscle & body ache for no reason
- Exhaustion after minimal activity
- Poor mental concentration
- Brain fog
- Mild to severe depression or anxiety
- Unexplained Hormone imbalance
- Unexplained Thyroid issues
- Slow recovery (after exercise or illness)
- Always getting sick (low immune system)
- Struggle to gain lean muscle
- Hair loss
- Skin problems (everything from acne to psoriasis)
- Irregular sleep patterns (often struggling to sleep or restless sleep)
- Low sex drive
- Regular vaginal infection
- High blood pressure
- Weak heart function
- Constant bladder infection
Make sure you check out my 60 DAY BODY BREAKTHROUGH PROGRAM. Click here to find out more!