Some would say it’s dessert….I call it breakfast 😉 Like my Salted Caramel & Chocolate smoothie
Eating foods that nourishing to the body is very important but so is being stimulated by foods that look taste & feel amazing as well because eating is a holistic act of nourishment. It’s NOT just a physical act, it’s an emotional, mental & spiritual one as well.
All these elements need to be in balance & serving your best well-being to bring incredible effect, changes and healing to the body!
I LOVE creating food…..whether it is just for me or my entire family…..it’s a process of love & creativity.
Today’s Salted Caramel & Chocolate smoothie is a gorgeous whole food plant based, low fat meal that will help heal, nourish & transform your body from the inside out.
- Tastes INCREDIBLE
- LOOKS incredible
- Bring reassurance that you are giving your body the best you can
- And it’s an overall pleasurable experience on all levels of consciousness.
It contains the follow key ingredients that make it so nourishing & healing
- Super high in COMPLETE plant protein.
- Rich in antioxidants
- anti inflammatory
- Sharpens brain function
- lowers cholesterol
- boost immunity
- high in antioxidants that blueberries
- highest source of plant based iron
- Full of magnesium for a healthy brain & heart (important organs those 😉
- More calcium than cows milk (without creating acidity or inflammation in the body)
- natural mood booster & anti depressant (we all know that one hey ladies…..especially during pms)
- provide quick healing fuel for the liver
- antibacterial, anti-yeast & anti fungal
- 76% water
- packed with vitamins such as vitamins C and B6 and minerals such as potassium, copper, and manganese.
Ingredients for the Salted Caramel & Chocolate smoothie
2 frozen bananas
Natural Vanilla extracts
Pinch of pink salt
1 heaped tsp non GMO nut butter (I use almond)
50ml almond milk
LOTS of ice
1/2 cup dates
Mix 1 tbsp cacao powder with a little water until a smooth paste is formed. Set aside
Place the bananas, vanilla, salt, almond milk & nut butter with a good cup and a half of ice into a high speed blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
Poor the chocolate paste around the inside of the jar and allow to run down.
Spoon in 2/3 of the smoothi mix into the jar a place in the freezer while you finish off.
Add the remaining cocoa powder, hemp seeds, and dates to 1/3 of the smoothie mixture that is left. Blend until smooth & creamy (add a little water if it struggle to blend but you want to keep itthick.
Spoon the chocolate mix ontop of the caramel mix and drizzle over any remaining chocolate paste.
Enjoy immediately before it melts!
Who said you can’t have dessert every day for breakfast 😉 😉 😉
Nourish, don’t punish!!!