If you haven’t seen it yet, I have become a BIG fan of FRESH vegan spring rolls with spicy peanut butter dipping sauce (…and pretty damn good at it as well if I say so myself).
It has taken some practice to get the assembling right so that it doesn’t end up like a limp little sausage with the insides falling out 🤦….otherwise it’s a perfect summer dish to enjoy this holiday season!
They are so simple and VERY versatile. This is my Vegan spring rolls option but really, you can put in anything that you enjoy. I do however recommend that the content is not too hot otherwise the rice wraps become very soggy and tear.
They are also a perfect way of getting more fresh raw veggies into your diet which can be a challenge if you get a bit bored with salads, so give these a try, I really think you are going to love them!
Here are the ingredients for these FRESH Vegan Spring Rolls with spicy peanut butter dipping sauce
- good quality rice paper wraps (available at most health & food stores)
- fresh rocket
- raw black & white sesame seeds
- clean dish towel that has been dampened for assembling the vegan spring rolls
For the peanut butter sauce (I am sharing a BIG secret here 😉
- 45ml peanut butter
- 30ml soy sauce
- 15ml balsamic vinegar
- 1tsp chopped fresh chili
- 1tsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp of plum jam (or anything sweet that you prefer like syrup, raw local honey or coconut sugar)
- 45ml water
- Soak the rice wraps in cold water. Soak no more that 2 at a time.
- Cut all the veggies in thin strips, all similar in length.
- Once the rice wraps are complete soft, gently remove 1 from the water and lay open on the damp dish towel. Place the veggie strips on the 1 end of the wrap. layer the veggies on top of each other, will make rolling easier.
- Start rolling from the veggie side of the wrap and try keep it as tight as possible. Half way across, fold the side pieces of the wrap in and then continue rolling until a nice firm little spring roll is formed.
- Continue with the same procedure until you have enough spring rolls for the number of people you are serving. In all honesty I can’t quite say how many you should make per person. It depends on how hungry everyone is and how big the spring rolls are. Work on about 3-4 per person if I had to guess….😉
- For the sauce, throw everything into a blender and whizz….really simple. Have a taste and see if you prefer it to be a little more sweet or tangy or creamy or spicy and then just add some more of the ingredients where needed.
- On a platter, arrange your vegan spring rolls with spicy peanut butter dipping in the middle and finish off with a sprinkle of the sesame seeds over the rolls.
And there you have it! My famous FRESH vegan spring rolls with spicy peanut butter dipping sauce which is perfect for a hot summers evening served with a fruity sparkling wine….hmmmmmm THE BEST!
Happy rolling my friends 😉
PS need more fresh veggie food inspo? Make sure you follow me on instagram by clicking here! https://www.instagram.com/jodyc_myveganlife/