My creamy beetroot hummus recipe is probably one of my favourite & easiest dishes to make. And yes, I call it a meal because I can easily sit down with a bowl of this hummus and eat it by the spoonfuls, it’s that good.
I LOVE beetroot! Roasted, steamed, juiced or raw, I truly enjoy it’s taste and flavour, however many people don’t share my love for the beetroot. It has a very distinct and earthy flavour and the red colour puts people off when preparing it.
But the beetroot is a miracle food. That colour that stains your hands (which washes out btw, so don’t worry 😉 ) is what gives beetroot it’s magic powers.
Check out these health benefits of beetroot:
- Packed with essential minerals like manganese, potassium, copper & iron
- SUPER High in Antioxidants
- Relieves Inflammation
- Promotes Heart Health
- prevents and Fights cancer
- Aids in Detoxification of the liver
- Boosts your Brain Function
- Support Digestive Health
- Enhance Athletic Performance
- Increases Weight Loss (yes really!)
That’s a pretty powerful list don’t you agree? So with that been said, getting more beetroot into your diet is vital to boost you health and transform you body! One way to get started is with this creamy beetroot hummus recipe!
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (drained, but keep the liquid)
- 4 medium beetroots
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 large clove fresh garlic
- salt and black pepper for seasoning
- olive oil
- Clean and cut the beetroot into quarters. Place them on some tin foil on a baking tray, season with salt and pepper and drizzle a good ¼ cup olive oil over them.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 200 degrees C for 30-40min (until they are soft and tender)
- Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool for 15min or so.
- Place the chickpeas, ½ cup of the drained liquid, tahini paste, lemon juice, paprika, garlic, and ¾ cup of the roasted beetroot (cubed) into a blender, and blend. If too dry, add more of the chickpea liquid. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If should become a super creamy and bright pink mixture of awesomeness…….and that’s it, it’s that easy!
- If you don’t have time to roast your beetroot, you can steam them as well. Wash, cut into quarters and place them into a pot with 1 cup water. Allow them to simmer until soft. You will see the skin will slide off easily once they are cooked so no need to peel.
- This hummus goes well with pretty much ANYTHING. Besides eating it directly out of the bowl, here are some examples to try: seed crackers, sour dough breads, fresh veggie sticks, other roasted veggies, blobbed on salads, spread in wraps, a dip for a veggie crisp, in corn tortillas, on baked sweet potato……you name it, the list is endless.
This is the type of food I include in my programs like the 28 DAY WFPB NUTRITION TRANSFORMATION and FRESH – The Vegetarian & Vegan Inspired E-cookbook (with healthy meal plan). Click HERE to read more!
You can also check out the recipe video here!
Hope you my creamy beetroot hummus recipe xxx