Chocolate Avocado Mousse with Almonds – vegan, keto & paleo friendly!
As a chocoholic (yes I love chocolate VERY much 😉 I have always been on a mission to try healthy alternatives…….because I believe there is ALWAYS a healthy alternative. And if there isn’t, it was never meant to be eaten! This chocolate avocado mousse is a simple, quick and super delicious recipe to either satisfy a sweet tooth or really impress your friends at a dinner party.
It looks beautiful, it tastes amazing & it complies with many of the dietary methods out there. SO whether you are gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant, keto, paleo, vegan or whole food based……this little gem of a recipe can satisfy ALL of those requirements!!!
My best advice would be to make this when there are avocados in season. I am ALL ABOUT eating seasonal. It does wonders for your body, your waistline and your wallet!!!! Here in the Southern hemisphere avo’s are coming to an end so make the most of them!!!!
Let’s dive straight into this dreamy jar of delight!
INGREDIENTS for the Almond Avocado Chocolate Mousse (serves 4)
- 2 large ripe avocados (you want to get out at least 2 cups worth of chopped avo…..about 1/2 cup avo per serving)
- 3 tbsp almond nut butter
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 60ml coconut milk (full cream and as natural as possible ) otherwise 60ml almond milk
- 2 tbsp macha powder
- 4 tbsp coconut blossom sugar (Alternatively 2 tbsp raw honey can be used)
- 2ml bicarb (basically a pinch)
- 4 glass bowls or small glasses (recycled jars work amazingly and look pretty cool 😉
- fresh berries for decoration
- Place it all in a blender and mix up until smooth & creamy mousse is formed.
- It should be firm enough to hold it’s texture and volume & should not be too runny. Taste test it to see it you want it a little sweeter or maybe a little more chocolaty ….it’s your choice!
- Spoon the mixture into your jars and place in the fridge to set. Takes about 20min.
- Prepare this no more than 2 hours before it is served. The fresher it is eaten the better!
- Just before serving, decorate with some crushed almonds, flaked dark chocolate or fresh berries.
Enjoy this Chocolate Avocado mousse!
PS if you missed my other healthy chocolate inspired recipe, make sure you check out my DARK CHOCOLATE VEGAN BLISS BALLS right here!!!