Chocolate Vegan Bliss Balls with pistachios
I could eat chocolate every day and on most days, I do! Here is the key…..ALWAYS choose a natural dark chocolate (above 70%) and banish the statement “from tomorrow, I’ll never….” (I have tried that…. it doesn’t work).
This is how I changed my approach to eating chocolate in moderation (well at least most of the time😉). My conscious mind is now: “I can always have more tomorrow, it doesn’t end forever after these 2 blocks” instead of “Let me just pig out on the whole thing & I from tomorrow I’ll never touch it again”. And guess what? 2 blocks is all I need!
It’s funny how our brains work. The moment we tell ourselves there is a ‘ban’ on something, then we want it even more.
However, the moment we lift that ban, give ourselves some breathing space and permission to have a little faith in our own judgement, that insane desire for what was once off limits, becomes diluted and very soon it fades.
Once I removed that obsessive and restrictive mindset, the obsession faded. My mind was also in a more clear and logical space to make better choices i.e. Do you really need this whole slab Jody, or will just 2 blocks do? There is another 2 tomorrow you can enjoy.” Simple & straight forward.
It’s important to enjoy little pleasures in life like chocolate or a good cup of coffee, but it really comes down to quality vs quantity. I believe this to be true in many areas of life. Quality will often get you further instead of quantity.
Think about training. If you do too much of the wrong exercise, you have the strong chance of an injury or burnout or completely missing the mark when it comes to your body goals. HOWEVER, if you were putting in quality training of the right exercise in a smaller amount of time, the benefits will be 100x greater.
Ok, so before I digress any further, I have got a gorgeous little recipe for you to enjoy that is a WHOLE lot of quality & goodness to enjoy 1 at a time. Vegan chocolate Bliss Balls!
They are super easy to make, raw (depending on the ingredients used), highly nutritious and have Keto & Paleo friendly options. Win win for all! BTW….If you are looking for some amazing vegan friendly Keto recipes, make sure you check out my KETO VEGAN recipe e-book! CLICK HERE for more details!
Here is the recipe, I hope you enjoy!
INGREDIENTS for Chocolate Vegan Bliss Balls
- ½ cup raw cocoa powder
- 100g raw dark chocolate (regular is also good)
- 1 shot espresso (optional)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup ground pistachios (cut in half & replace if half almond flour if you are following the Keto lifestyle)
- 1 cup dates (pips removed & finely chopped). If you follow a Keto lifestyle, you would replace the dates with you natural sweetener of choice (4 tbsp). My recommendation would be to avoid the sweetener and use the dates and enjoy it in small amounts….but that is completely up to you 😉
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler until smooth and velvety (do NOT boil please). Add the asspresso show too the melted chocolate.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a food processor and blitz. Slowly pour the melted chocolate into the processor while it’s mixing.
- It should create a very firm ball from which you can create smaller balls. If too dry add a little more water (small amounts) and if too sticky add more cocoa and coconut flour (small amounts at a time).
- Once mixed, role out small balls (size of a ping pong balls) and place them onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- When finished, dust with cocoa powder OR role in ground pistachios. Place in the freezer for 20min to set. They can be stored in an air tight container in the freezer.
2 chocolate vegan bliss balls per serving as a snack or light meal otherwise 1 little ball to enjoy in the evening 😉