Gluten FREE Protein Breakfast Bowl
With the amount of processing our food goes through now days it is no surprise many of us suffer from intolerance’s or allergies. It can become a nightmare and EXTREMELY uncomfortable when you develop a reaction to a certain food. Even though it has become a bit of a “fad” or “trend” , going gluten free has helped many people with stomach and digestive problems.
Gluten is actually a mixture of two proteins present in cereal grains, especially wheat, which is responsible for the elastic texture of dough. It can be very difficult for the body to breakdown and digest hence the reason for causing problems when eating foods containing gluten.
The challenge is that so many products nowadays contain some form of gluten based product. It can become very challenging (and often frustrating) to find a healthy and balanced eating plan when trying to avoid gluten all together.
This is why today’s’ recipe is IDEAL for those who are struggling with gluten intolerance BUT still want to make smart eating choices that will bring them maximum benefits and results to their body!
Unfortunately, “gluten free” often means VERY PROCESSED and high refined alternatives. Neither of these are healthy even though they solve the first problem. This is something I’ll write about in another blog to help you make smart and healthy decisions if you are needing to go gluten free, keep a look out for that 😉 😉 But in the mean time, with this easy, tasty and super healthy breakfast you will fell back in control with your eating again and starting off your day right with all the nutrition you need!
It ticks many health boxes, including:
* gluten free
* plant based
* dairy free
* wheat free
* high protein
* low GI
* high fibre
…….and loads on vital minerals and vitamins!!!! What a little powerhouse of awesomeness!!!!
Gluten FREE Protein Breakfast Bowl INGREDIENTS
- 1/3 cup dried quinoa2/3
- cup Almond Milk (or coconut, soy, rice or oat milk can be used….whichever suits you 🙂
- 1 tsp raw local honey. For some vegans I know honey offends you so please use what suits your beliefs e.g. coconut sugar etc.
- 1 Tbsp nut butter (preferably raw, non GMO, but do your best with what you have ….I like macadamia butter 😉
- 30g Synerchi Organics raw hemp protein powder¼ cup frozen blueberries (or any other fruit of your choice)
- Cook the Quinoa in 1/3 cup vegan milk and 1/3 cup water. Add a pinch of salt and allow to simmer. Keep an eye on it….gently stir and add more water if you need. It should have a nice smooth consistency, not too stiff. After about 15min test to see how soft it is. Once it is done, add in the rest of your vegan milk and honey.
- Dissolve the raw hemp protein powder in some water (or almond milk) until a smooth paste is formed. Add this to your quinoa. Pour the quinoa porridge into a bowl, blob a tbsp of nut butter and finish off with some frozen berries. I sometimes like to add a little more almond milk at the end. Alternatives can be to add cocoa powder for a chocolate infusion or cook your quinoa with cinnamon stick for a spice infusion. Both options go well with coconut milk!
There you have it! It serves 1 person and is complete with all the protein, healthy fats, GOOD carbs and loads of nutrition to get the day started. Having said that I would eat this for lunch and dinner if I felt like. It is just so good and so healthy and of course GLUTEN FREE!
Hope you enjoy my gluten FREE Protein Breakfast Bowl and let me know if you try any other flavours and variations, would love to hear what you do!
Bloatedness, stomach cramps and unwanted weight gain are 3 key signs you may have an intolerance to gluten. If you are struggling with a gluten intolerance and want to go gluten free why don’t you consider a personalized Gluten free eating plan? They are custom designed for your needs and goals and include some divine recipes! To find out more details, drop me a mail at email@example.com